6.26.2009


the amazing technicolor dreamcoat




gravel & gold


when I return to the bay
it's a necessity to visit the gold girls.
Lisa, Cassie and Nile represent
everything I love about SF


humble
warm, funky
generous


from my mother's stories,
gravel & gold makes me think
of the first hippie dress shops
in mill valley, sausalito
haight ashbury


imagine,
augustin lesage
and the mamas of
the papas opening
a store together


no new age hippie garb here.
they have an incredibly sophisticated
sensibility for local craft, vintage
textiles, and striped shirts


stop by
say hi

5 comments:

sammy and glenn: pachadesign said...

looks like a very cool place, wish we could stop in and say hi but we are too far far away.

Unknown said...

Hi!
I think you have a nice blog, beatiful photos and smart posts.Would you follow me, because I don't want to lost your blog.I’m wating your visit.
kisses

Jing Qian said...

Wow, you blog made my day!

LaurenC said...

I really love this shop. The girls are super nice and I love that they take the time to explain each and every item and why it's so special and unique. A great SF shopping experience.

Furniture removalist said...

awesome post. :-)