1.04.2008



On 16th + Guerrero





3 lovely ladies co-habitat
the 2nd story of this rad
San Francisco Mission flat.

While my age group tends to get a
bad rap for consuming way too much IKEA and
Container Store organizers (oh dear), I have for you
my friends, a refreshing example of post-collegiate students
who have chosen to look beyond the standard to take a stab at
their own sensibility for design...and experimentation!





In the heart of the Mission District,
Madeleine, Noël and Kendra have created
their inspiring + cohesive abode by integrating
textiles from home and thrifty global finds with
their own unique + youthful interpretations of
northern California living





Over the years, I have noticed one fundamental
difference between Brooklyn and SF apartment living.
Apart from the significant difference in sq footage, what
SF apartments also have over NYC (I'm sorry!), is a
keen interest in the natural environment.
It's amazing how beach + surf culture
trickle into the interiors like
sand on bare feet.



(photo credits: myself...and Tyler M.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a loveley place, really.

Unknown said...

these pictures are awesome, I love how laid back they are...and yes in New York you have more space, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

http://www.theshinysquirrel.com

Anonymous said...

I used to live below these ladies. They have great style all around. Wouldn't we all love a home covered in Raoul textiles? I sure would!

ChiGirl said...

Who are these ladies? I love their place. I wish I could create a more cohesive living space in my Chicago apt. shared with 2 other ladies. Great inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I love the beachy feel. I think that is what makes California design great...especially for those of us who do not live in California

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this space with us. Simple, clean and elegant. These textiles are so easy to live with and used in this juxtaposition with the negative space of neutral walls and furniture coverings....just perfect.
xxooLynnda B.

Joanna Goddard said...

wow, beautiful. i love the surfing print. and your use of "rad"!

Anonymous said...

The best part of the apartment is all the space for air!

kimberlee said...

some good ideas put into practice and still very liveable looking

drooling for the chairs!
-kimberlee

Kerstin Svendsen said...

just found your blog and am enjoying it so. so much prettiness. great posts.