are these
architectural forms
dated or timeless?

"the regulating line is a
guarantee against wilfulness.

it brings satisfaction
to the understanding."

le corbusier
towards a new architecture


the metz


Katey Dutton said...

I was recently having a debate about this. I feel modern streamlined architecture is reaching that "classic" design point. We are at the point where early 1900's De Stijl - 1950-70's ranches are old enough that the styles don't look dated and can be termed a classic design style. When the bones are good, the bones are good...and these bones are GOOD.

xyq said...

awww, I love Corbusier! I have a fantastic book called From Bauhaus to your house...he is a frequent contributor....sweet one liners about design. Love it!

Karena said...

I agree that the early contemporary designs are becoming classics. I am thinking as well of some of the wrap around ranches with wings opening to courtyards. Seeing more & more people going contemporary.

Art by Karena

Giveway up on my site, come join in!

Michael said...

dated and timeless. it's perfect.

Simply Defined Design said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog!!
Best, C

Aron said...

This one, clearly timeless.


A machine for living in...while at the same time a reintroduction to nature. Love it